For EMS Providers at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
We invite our EMS partners to learn more about the key patient care programs and educational opportunities offered at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children.
A pediatric pre-hospital care resource for Emergency Medical Services
Welcome EMS providers! In addition to providing exceptional patient care, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (RMHC) at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s (P/SL) Medical Center is dedicated to providing support and educational opportunities to the EMS community.
About RMHC at P/SL
More than two decades ago, a group of pediatric specialists came together at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center to establish a regionally renowned center for specialized pediatric care. Their expertise ranged from caring for high-risk births, neonates and infants to complex health concerns for children and teens.
We blend the most advanced pediatric clinical care with an exceptional level of personalized attention for each patient.
Today, our anchor facility, RMHC at P/SL, encompasses a 160,000-square-foot pediatric care center and a 10,000-square-foot pediatric-focused medical building.
New education opportunity
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children Mobile Training Center
We bring the simulation lab to you! With our mobile simulation lab, we can provide simulation training for 911 EMS Providers, Ground and Flight Inter-facility Transport Teams and Hospital Healthcare Providers. Our simulation scenarios provide training for premature, newborn and pediatric patients. These scenarios will be tailored to your team’s specific educational needs. Please contact our Outreach Education Department for more information.
Why transport to RMHC at P/SL?
- Dedicated pediatric ER: 24/7 coverage from pediatric emergency specialists. Equipped with pediatric expertise & equipment to care for the most critically ill infants and children.
- 84 Neonatal intensive care unit (Level IV) beds. One of only two Level IV NICUs in Denver metro. Learn more about the levels of neonatal care.
- Since RMHC and P/SL are in the same facility, mom and baby can stay together!
- 53 pediatric beds
- 20 Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) beds: Pediatric hospitalists and intensivists who are in-hospital 24/7
- 8 pediatric operating rooms: The most technologically advanced children's ORs in Colorado including pediatric minimally invasive surgery center
- Child life specialists
- Ronald McDonald parent “respite room”
- Family resource center
- Level IV pediatric trauma center
- Affiliated with adult and pediatric burn center where families can stay together for treatment regardless of age.
- 320-slice CT scanner that reduces radiation exposure in children
- Pediatric anesthesia, radiology, and pharmacists who are available 24/7
- ECMO treatment
- COMING SOON: A hybrid operating room! State -of-the-art operating room allows adult & pediatric patients to receive multiple procedures in one setting, reducing infection opportunities and length of stay; AV equipped allowing EMS to view recorded surgeries for continuing education.
Since 2016, Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children have honored EMS providers who have demonstrated exceptional patient care, professionalism and compassion. Award recipients are nominated by hospital staff and recognized during EMS week.
Educational opportunities for EMS
- Pediatric mobile simulation
- EMS CE opportunities
- Shadowing Opportunities
- EMS providers paired with physician or mid-level provider (physician assistant or nurse practitioner) and receive continuing education toward your state or national recertification. (Coming Soon)
- AirLife Ride-Along Program
- Pediatric Article of the Month (Coming Soon)
EMS feedback or questions
Where are we located?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
2001 N. High Street, Denver, CO, 80205
19th Avenue and High Street