Read on to learn about our hospital, recognitions we have received, mentions in the press, upcoming events and what we have to offer the Rocky Mountain region.
About The Medical Center of Aurora
Since 1974, we have continually delivered exceptional healthcare to the Aurora and surrounding Denver communities, even being named one of the Top 100 Hospitals in America by Merative (formerly IBM Watson Health).
Information about our hospital
Being the hospital chosen for your medical care is a privilege that we don't take lightly. We work to provide you with both high quality care and as much pertinent hospital information as possible so that you can be informed about us, what we stand for and how we operate.
Donor Alliance partnership
We are proud to have become a member of the Workplace Partnership for Life campaign with Donor Alliance. Through this program, we have taken on the role of organ donation advocate with both with our staff and you, our patient. Our goal is to spread awareness of the benefits of organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation, as hundreds of thousands of people nationwide are awaiting these potentially lifesaving treatments. Anything we can do to increase engagement helps succeed in this mission to save and improve lives. For more information about Donor Alliance and our partnership, read here.
We offer more than 60 medical specialties, including advanced cardiovascular services, robotic surgery, oncology, cardiology, neurology and many others.
Press and media relations guidelines
In order to best serve you, as well as our hospital staff, we have established a series of guidelines for arranging interviews, videotape sessions or photo opportunities, as well as guidelines for updating the public with condition reports. Read on to learn more about how we use media relations to protect your privacy.
The Medical Center of Aurora statistics
Our awards and recognitions
Across all of our services and specialties, we strive to raise the bar on healthcare. Because of our dedication to this pursuit, we are proudly recognized by organizations such as Healthgrades and Merative.
- Merative Top 100 Hospital (2020, 2021)
- Healthgrades America's 250 Best Hospitals Award (2021, 2020)
- Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Behavioral Health — 2020 Press Ganey award for Guardian of Excellence for Patient Experience in Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Cancer — Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Disease-Specific Care (certification for lung cancer), Commission on Cancer accredited program, American Cancer Society of Oncology certification
- Critical Care — Healthgrades America's 100 Best Critical Care (2022, 2021, 2020), Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Silver Level Center on the Path to Excellence in Life Support
- Heart — American College of Cardiology (ACC) Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI accreditation, ACC Atrial Fibrillation with EPS accreditation, ACC Transcatheter Valve Center Base certification, MI Registry Performance Achievement Award (chest pain), Merative Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital (2021)
- Neurosciences — Healthgrades America's 100 Best Stroke Care (2022, 2021), Healthgrades Neurosciences Excellence Award (2021)
- Pulmonary — Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ (2022, 2021)
- Radiology — American College of Radiology accredited program
- Stroke — Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center, Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Surgery — Healthgrades America's 100 Best Gastrointestinal Surgery (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Women’s — National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
The Joint Commission public notice
As required, our hospital undergoes unannounced surveys to assess our compliance with national standards related to our accreditations. If you have any information you want to share related to this, you may request a public information interview with The Joint Commission.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more
Download the MyHealthOne app on the or
The Healthy Living Blog
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.