About the Blood Donor Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
At the Blood Donor Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke's, we pride ourselves on being a primary source for blood donations in Denver.
Blood donation services
Not all superheroes wear capes. We encourage you to join other superheroes in their quest to save lives by becoming a blood donor today.
In addition to whole blood collections, we also accept apheresis platelet, plasma and red cell collections. You can make donations directed to a specific patient or donations for your own upcoming surgery. Bottom line — if you donate blood, you are changing someone's life for the better.
Did you know?
- Fresh frozen plasma expires in one year
- Only three percent of the population donates on a regular basis
- Platelets can be donated 24 times per year
- Platelets expire in five days
- Red blood cells expire in 35 to 42 days
- We transfuse over 1,000 units of blood products per month, including about 10 units per day of apheresis platelets
- Whole blood can be donated approximately six times per year
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Donor Services is on the 6th floor of Professional Plaza West (1601 East 19th Avenue).
Complimentary valet parking is available for Donors, off East 19th Avenue and Gilpin Street.
From valet, head south on crosswalk across main drive (Visionaries Drive) and enter Professional Plaza West main entrance. Use elevators in lobby and go to the 6th floor. Exit elevator and go towards west wing. The Donor Center, Suite 6350, will be on the left after the curve.