About the Blood Donor Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
At the Blood Donor Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke's, we pride ourselves on being a primary source for blood donations in Denver.
Blood donation services
Not all superheroes wear capes. We encourage you to join other superheroes in their quest to save lives by becoming a blood donor today.
In addition to whole blood collections, we also accept apheresis platelet, plasma and red cell collections. You can make donations directed to a specific patient or donations for your own upcoming surgery. Bottom line — if you donate blood, you are changing someone's life for the better.
Did you know?
- Fresh frozen plasma expires in one year
- Only three percent of the population donates on a regular basis
- Platelets can be donated 24 times per year
- Platelets expire in five days
- Red blood cells expire in 35 to 42 days
- We transfuse over 1,000 units of blood products per month, including about 10 units per day of apheresis platelets
- Whole blood can be donated approximately six times per year
Located on the sixth floor of Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, our blood donation center is open from Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:30pm.
Free parking is available in the parking garage located on 19th Avenue directly across from Williams Street. Take the elevator in the parking garage to the first floor, then walk across the driveway into Professional Plaza East. We are located past the staircase and to the left.