For visitors at Rose Medical Center
When you come to see your loved one, you want a pleasant, stress-free time. We're here for you with a comfortable waiting area, convenient dining and assistance when you need it.
Information for our visitors
This information is designed to answer some of the frequently asked questions from our visitors.
Visiting hours at our hospital
Regular visiting hours start at 8:00am and end at 8:00pm — however, individual units may have specific visiting hours or limitations. Please check with your nurse for any specific visitor guidelines.
- Only two visitors at a time may visit a patient in any of our intensive care units
- During flu season (typically October through March), we limit visitation to high-risk units.
Visitors arriving to the hospital after 8:00pm will need to enter through our emergency room entrance and sign in with our security officer. Each visitor arriving after regular visiting hours will be given a visitor name tag with the patient room number they are intending to visit.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
We ask that you follow these guidelines for the comfort and safety of our patients:
- Visitors to critical care units are limited to immediate family members only.
- Visitors should leave the room promptly when treatment is to be given or when asked to do so by a nurse or physician.
- Please wash your hands upon entering and leaving the patient's room for your health, as well as the health of our patients.
- Visitors must not enter a patient's room if they have a cold or other potentially contagious ailments.
- Visitors should not enter a patient's room when a "No Visitors" or "Isolation" sign is posted on the door. Some areas require gowns and/or masks upon entering the room. Please check with a nurse if you are unsure.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- Children under the age of 12 years require adult supervision at all times while visiting. The supervising adult cannot be a patient.
- Our patients are healing and need to rest. Please keep voices low in both the patient rooms and waiting areas. Ensure children are supervised at all times.
Contacting a patient
You can contact a patient in a number of ways with these options.
Call (303) 320-2121. Please give the operator the patient's name and room number to be connected.
Flower and Mail Deliveries
Send to: [Patient's Name], [Room Number]
Rose Medical Center
4567 East Ninth Avenue
Denver, CO 80220
The Rose Gift Shop
The Rose Gift Shop is open seven days a week and offers same-day delivery. Additionally, Rose Gift Shop proceeds are used to support our community. Patients can receive flowers, cards and small gifts during their hospital stay. You can order online or call the shop's team at (303) 320-2297. Gifts and items available for purchase include:
- Balloon bouquets, including balloons that sing when they are tapped
- Beautiful fresh flower arrangements
- Cards, magazines and books
- Collectible figurines
- Custom gift baskets for a special relative
- Fashion jewelry and reading glasses
- Games and plush animals
- Get Well and Thinking of You gift baskets
- Gift baskets for a child — just share with us the age and we will design an age-appropriate gift
- Inspirational and seasonal gifts
- Personal care items such as lip balm, lotion, hairbrushes, toothpaste and nail clippers
- Picture frames
- Potted plants or silk plants decorated with a gift bow
- Socks, slippers and robes
Gift Shop Hours of Operation
- Weekdays — Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Weekends — Saturday through Sunday from — 9:00am to 2:00pm
Dining and meals
- Rose Garden Café — Meals for visitors are available at the Rose Garden Café, located on the ground floor, adjacent to the main elevators. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week.
- Little Miss Latte — Visitors may also choose to visit Little Miss Latte located west of the main elevators for coffee drinks, soups, salads, pastries, deli options, and hot meal entrees for dinner. The shop is open seven days a week.
- Room service on request — For patients, we offer an "at your request room service." Meals are prepared by our chefs and delivered to you within 45 minutes of your request from 7:30am to 6:30pm. Our expanded menu gives patients many options to choose from, including main entrees, such as London Broil and Herb Crusted Chicken. We also serve salads, soups, pizza, dessert and items from our grill. All special dietary needs can be accommodated by our room service staff. Place orders by dialing extension 5444 from your hospital phone.
- Gluten-free foods — Our food services now offer a number of gluten-free foods that are cooked separately to prevent cross-contamination. Patients can call extension 5444 for more information about our gluten-free menu.