For patients at Rose Medical Center
Information, guidance and resources for our patients,Information, guidance and resources for our patients
We want your visit to go as smoothly as possible whether you're coming for surgery or for an office visit. Our services help you access medical records, schedule an appointment or make payments.,We want your visit to go as smoothly as possible whether you're coming for surgery or for an office visit. Our services help you access medical records, schedule an appointment or make payments.
Patient services and resources
Whether visiting us for a routine appointment or a scheduled surgery, our goal is to lessen the anxiety that can be associated with visiting a hospital. To do that, we offer a variety of services for you and your family. This includes information, answers to questions and helpful guidance to make your time with us as pleasant as possible.
Our patient resources
We strive to deliver high-quality care and our goal is successful patient outcomes. To that end, we offer a variety of services for our patients, their families and guests. This page has information for your visit to make your visit comfortable and as smooth as possible.
Use this link to reach our departments.
Registering for your visit
Registering at our hospital is available upon admission or in advance.
You'll complete registration upon admission to our hospital and it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 5:00pm at our hospital's registration desk at the main entrance
- Nights and weekends from 5:00pm to 6:00am at the registration desk located near the Emergency Department entrance
Patients who have a procedure scheduled can register by phone, mail or online.
- Phone — (303) 320-2798 (available during business hours)
- By Mail — You may send in a registration form before your scheduled procedure. Print it out, complete the form and mail it back to the address below with a copy of the front and back of your insurance card:
Download Our Registration Form (pdf)
Rose Medical Center
Attention: Admissions Department
4567 E. 9th Avenue
Denver, CO 80220
Please remember, your completed registration form and photocopy of your insurance card must be received before your scheduled service.
We offer several services to meet your needs. We want you to be as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Clergy and chapel
To provide spiritual and pastoral support, chaplains representing many faiths are available at all times. Ask your nurse for help contacting our chaplaincy services to make arrangements for a visit. The Charles C. and Esther Ila Winocur Chapel is located on the first floor of the main hospital and it is open at all times.
Dining and meals
- Rose Garden Café — Meals for visitors are available at the Rose Garden Café, located on the ground floor, adjacent to the main elevators. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week.
- Little Miss Latte — Visitors may also choose to visit Little Miss Latte located west of the main elevators for coffee drinks, soups, salads, pastries, deli options, and hot meal entrees for dinner. The shop is open seven days a week.
- Room service on request — For patients, we offer an "at your request room service." Meals are prepared by our chefs and delivered to you within 45 minutes of your request from 7:30am to 6:30pm. Our expanded menu gives patients many options to choose from, including main entrees, such as London Broil and Herb Crusted Chicken. We also serve salads, soups, pizza, dessert and items from our grill. All special dietary needs can be accommodated by our room service staff. Place orders by dialing extension 5444 from your hospital phone.
- Gluten-free foods — Our food services now offer a number of gluten-free foods that are cooked separately to prevent cross-contamination. Patients can call extension 5444 for more information about our gluten-free menu.
Rose Gift Shop
The Rose Gift Shop is located on the first floor near the main lobby on 9th and Cherry Streets near the central elevators. Offering a wide selection of flowers, balloons and gifts, our merchandise can be delivered directly to the patient's room. All orders are delivered the same day (most within two hours) and with no delivery charge.
All major credit cards are accepted. Please call (303) 320-2297 for prompt, personal service.
We support the CaringBridge service for our patients and families, as they communicate with family, friends and loved ones. CareBridge offers families a means of keeping in touch on a loved one's progress via an online webpage. To learn more or to create a webpage for a patient, please go to our CaringBridge website.
Surgery waiting areas
Family and friends will find our surgery waiting areas a convenient place to stay during your surgery. These areas are equipped with free Wi-Fi, telephones, televisions and reading material. We have also installed USB ports to charge phones and other devices. The volunteer on duty will inform those waiting when your surgery has been completed and when you have been transferred to the recovery area.
Translators or interpreters, including qualified American Sign-Language interpreters, are available to all of our patients.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Below are some responses to frequently asked questions from patients and visitors.
Our address and phone number
4567 E. 9th Avenue
Denver, CO 80220
Getting your medical records and privacy
Medical records are protected by state and national laws and guidelines. The protection of your privacy is demanded in every facet of the records process. Unlawful release of medical records is a Class 5 felony in Colorado.
Your medical records are not accessible to anyone not directly involved with your care. This is met through routine electronic auditing, careful access assignments and a manual review of the record before it is released. Your medical records are released only to those recipients you authorize to receive information.
Our BioEthics Support Team and human values
We have a specific team that provides patients, families, surrogate decision-makers and members of the healthcare team a means to address ethical issues and questions involving patient care. The BioEthics Support Team clarifies issues and offers alternatives and options. The team shall not provide legal advice on patient care. The patient and/or surrogate decision maker and/or member of the healthcare team may access the facility-specific BioEthics On-Call Support Team with concerns about ethical issues by dialing (303) 320-2121.
The Magnet nursing standard
Our hospital has been awarded American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet Recognition, the gold standard in nursing excellence. The recognition is a factor when the public judges healthcare organizations. Also, U.S. News & World Report's annual showcase of “America's Best Hospitals” includes Magnet recognition in its ranking criteria for quality of inpatient care. The recognition is representative of the patient care you'll receive from our teams and programs.
Research has shown that Magnet recognition provides many benefits to patients and the hospital communities, including:
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help and receipt of discharge information
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality, lower failure to rescue rates, lower rates of falls and improved skin integrity
- Assurance that the hospital holds top credentials for excellence in nursing